The 2018 Salterns Children in Need Silent Auction is now open!
The Silent Auction will be available for bids at Salterns Sailing Club from 4.30pm on Friday 16th November to 4.00pm on Saturday 17th November 2018. Proceeds from all winning bids will go to the BBC Children in Need appeal.
Bids can be placed now! Text the Salterns Management Committee on 07989 552419 with your name, lot numbers and your bids. Please read the Silent Auction Rules below.
Silent Auction Rules
- Bidding increments up to £100 = £5 increment
- Bidding increments over £100 = £10 increment
- The Management Committee will be monitoring the Silent Auction and will be closing the auction at 4.00pm on Saturday 17th November 2018 and their decision on all bids will be final.
- Telephone Text/Absent bidding is welcome via your own appointed nominee. Contact the Management Committee on 07989 552419 by text.
- All new bids must be higher than the previous bid by at least the minimum raise indicated above, in order to be valid.
- A bid is construed as a legal agreement to purchase the listed item(s) at the amount indicated. All bidders must be 18 years of age or above.
- All winning bids must be settled within two weeks or the item will go to the next highest bidder.
- In order to protect the integrity of all bidders, please do not scratch out bids. Bids may only be voided by the Management Committee due to valid bidding error. Please seek assistance if you find an invalid bid or make a mistake during bidding.
The auction will close at 4.00pm on Saturday 17th November 2018, at which time the highest bid on each bid sheet will be declared the winner. If conflict arises over identifying the last valid bid for an item, the Management Committee has the sole discretion to determine the winner.
LOT 1: Seasonal Cookery School Day Experience (For Two) at The Kitchen at Chewton Glen.
Kindly donated by The Chewton Glen
- An opportunity for two people to enjoy a seasonal cookery school day experience at The Kitchen at Chewton Glen.
- Your day starts with coffee and home baked pastries before a sneak peek at what’s growing in the greenhouse. Stroll through the garden into the cookery school and settle into the workstation that is exclusively yours for the day. Spend time seated around the Chef Tutor’s station, where you will learn new skills before creating your own masterpiece under the watchful eye of the Chef.
- Day courses with our Chef Tutor run from 9.30am – 3.30pm and include refreshments, lunch, all equipment and ingredients.
- Seasonal days are clearly marked on the calendar. Seasonal Cookery School Experiences are valid Tuesday – Saturday.
LOT 2: Optimist North Sails CrossOver Mailsail
Kindly donated by Ronan Grealish
- The Crossover is designed for entry level sailors who want to be competitive but need a more forgiving sail – ideal for those hoping to get into fleet racing. Standard features include: CrossCut Construction, Mylar Window, Active Leech, Tell Tales, Sail Bag.
- Also INCLUDES Sail Number Installation (normally at extra charge). Will be either CrossOver or CrossOver+ depending on weight of sailor
LOT 3: First Gliding Experience
Kindly donated by Stephanie Gabillon
- An introduction to the world of gliding at Booker Gliding Club, Wycombe Air Park, Marlow. Discover the magic of gliding flight, try your hand at the controls, maybe even soar with red kites.
- Trial lesson flight to 2000ft. This is a great way to experience the joy of soaring over the local countryside. Includes one month’s membership, during which you can take extra flights at £65. A great taster of the sport of gliding!
LOT 4: Ineos Team UK Polo Shirt signed by Sir Ben Ainslie
Kindly donated by Matt Cornwell
An EXCLUSIVE Ineos Team UK polo shirt, signed by Sir Ben Ainslie.
LOT 5: Ineos Team UK Cap
Kindly donated by Matt Cornwell
An EXCLUSIVE Ineos Team UK baseball cap.
LOT 6: Family Afternoon Tea at New Park Manor
Kindly donated by New Park Manor
- Family Afternoon Tea Voucher for 2 adults and 2 children at New Park Manor, Brockenhurst.
- A former New Forest hunting lodge, New Park Manor is part of the Luxury Family Hotels group – the perfect place for families to unwind, relax and spend quality time together
LOT 7: Meal for Two with a Bottle of Wine at The Turfcutters Arms, East Boldre.
Kindly donated by The Turfcutters Arms
- A meal for two, complete with bottle of wine at this fabulous New Forest pub – combine with a walk on Beaulieu Heath and then relax in front of the cosy fire at the Turfcutters Arms.
LOT 8: Afternoon Tea for Four at the Balmer Lawn Hotel
Kindly donated by the Balmer Lawn Hotel
- Afternoon tea for four people at the Balmer Lawn in Brockenhurst.
- The Balmer Lawn is a large, comfortable and spacious independent hotel, restaurant and spa in a fabulous location right on the open forest.
LOT 9: A Coaching Session with Rory Paton, Scow National Champion (double handed class)
- An exciting opportunity for a coaching session with Rory Paton either in a Lymington Scow or your own boat. The session will be tailored to your sailing ability, concentrating on areas you’d like to improve.
- Rory sails largely with his daughter Alex Paton (Salterns Commodore). The pair are the current Scow National Champions in the double handed Class. In the XOD they have just won the Captain’s cup and have a good record at Cowes Week. Rory can also help in cruiser racers having helmed the Co32 South Haze for many years including winning Black Group at Cowes Week with experience crewing in many other boats.
LOT 10: A year’s supply of Rocky Road!
Kindly donated by Claire Atherton
- Our very own Mary Berry will deliver her legendary Rocky Road to your door every month for a year.
- Imagine having this delicious treat to look forward to every month.
LOT 11: SUP Family Taster Session
Kindly donated by the New Forest Paddle Sport Company
- Family Taster Session on Stand Up Paddle Board for 4 people with the New Forest Paddle Sport Company who are based in Milford on Sea.
LOT 12: VIP Moppy Camp Experience
LOT 13: VIP Moppy Camp Experience
Kindly donated by the Salterns Management Committee
- TWO LOTS! This Special prize consists of your first choice of Moppy Camp 2019 weekends for your children, a guaranteed VIP parking space, a hot lunch for all the family and we will even make your cakes for you!
- NB: this prize does not include the Moppy Camp fees.
LOT 14: Neil Pryde Sailing Bag
- 85L Equipment Bag with quick and easy access to bag contents through the extra large main opening, large internal capacity, fully lined with water resistant tarpee and one easy access external pocket plus three internal pockets.
LOT 15: Sanders Sails Kit Bag
Kindly donated by Sanders Sails
- Useful kit/weekend bag made by Sanders Sails.
- Zip top, side pocket and carry handles.
LOT 16: Neil Pryde Sailing Optimist Spar Bag
- Fully padded, tarp lined protection for your Top/Bottom section and boom. Bag rolls up and is secure with Webbing strap. Can be used for trailing or car topping and ensures your spars are clean and damage free.
- Colour: Graphite.
LOT 17: Voucher for The Haven
Kindly donated by The Haven Restaurant
- Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Drinks with the best views in Lymington at The Haven Bar & Restaurant with this voucher to the value of £50.
LOT 18: Voucher for Hassan Hicks
Kindly donated by Hassan Hicks, Lymington
- Voucher to the value of £50 for Hassan Hicks Opticians in Thomas Street, Lymington.
LOT 19: Voucher for M&S
Kindly donated by Station Financial
- Gift Voucher to the value of £50 for Marks and Spencer.
LOT 20: Luxury Haircare Gift Set
Kindly donated by Sharp Hair, Lymington
- L’Oreal Haircare Gift Set
LOT 21: Cufflinks
Kindly donated by the SaltMarsh Gallery, Lymington
- Van Buck cuff links in a presentation box.
LOT 22: Redkin Haircare Gift Set
Kindly donated by Jason Jones Hair, Lymington
LOT 23: Beauty Massage
Kindly donated by the Tu Sei Bella, Milford on Sea
- Tu Sei Bella is a professional and friendly boutique offering a wide range of beauty treatments for female and male clients in the heart of Milford on Sea.
LOT 24: Louis Roederer Champagne
Kindly donated by Sammy’s Aunty Gilly
- Louis Roederer Champagne in presentation box
LOT 25: Cannibal Active Watch
Kindly donated by Barry Papworth Jewellers, Lymington
LOT 26: Block of 5 Class Passes for Shape Up Fitness
Kindly donated by Annabel Glynn, Shape Up Fitness
- Shape Up Fitness are based at the Passford House Hotel, Lymington and offer a wide range of fitness classes and personal training.