Salterns Sailing Club is ‘a club run by children for children’
The Junior Committee (JC) works hard throughout the year to organise activities and events for the Salterns Members. The JC is backed up by a Management Committee – everyone is a volunteer, fitting in hard work for Salterns alongside their own busy lives.
Can you help?
Put simply, the more people who help out at Salterns, the more events can be organised – and the more fun is had by all! Everyone does their bit by volunteering on the Duty Roster throughout the year, however there are other ways that you can help:
- Join the Management Committee! There are several vacant positions, including Bronze Fleet Coordinator (Optimist) and Treasurer. Plus others who would happily share a role. Being part of the management team is great fun – get in touch with our President, Dom Patten for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help with Fundraising for Children in Need. The JC will start planning the 2019 Children in Need campaign in the summer and need help with finding Silent Auction Lots, Tombola Prizes and general organisation. The club raised a whopping £7,835.50 for Children in Need in 2018, let’s aim to raise more this year! Contact Dom Patten (as above)
- Can you or your business donate a Silent Auction Lot or prize for Salterns to use for Children in Need? Speak to the Junior Committee.
- Help out at events. Whether its helping set up or put away, donning waders, chasing people for documentation, grilling on the BBQ, making bacon butties, serving drinks, moving boats or clearing up, please help! More hands make light work!
- Got ideas? Speak to one of the Committee – we’re always keen to hear new ideas!