June may well be oversubscribed, but is it such a bad thing to do Moppy Camp in September?
Here are 5 good reasons why the September Moppy Camp will be great!
- The water will be warmer in September – on average 4 degrees warmer than June. This is a very important consideration for parents in waders as well as children capsizing!
- Your child will have more time to prepare for their pennant.
- It’s likely your child will have more confidence in September having sailed lots over the summer months.
- September is perfect timing for your child to consolidate what they have learnt if they have sailed in RLymYC Junior Regatta in August, Bronze Fleet or Tera Training at Salterns.
- And of course the September Moppy Camp doesn’t interfere with the Footie World Cup!
Remember, Moppy Camp isn’t a race. And every year the club has children of different ages hoping to do the pennants. Moppy Camp should not be seen as a ‘training’ weekend, more as a consolidation of the sailing your child has done thus far.